UPDATE: Only THREE workshops left for Ballard FRYSCs' Santa's Helpers program
Family Focus and Teen Focus have been helping families with Christmas expenses for several years, and want to continue the program. Here is an outline of the guidelines for this holiday season.
To be eligible for the program:
- The family must qualify for free lunches by Household Income Form (HIF).
- The family cannot be receiving assistance from any other Christmas program.
- The children must be enrolled in Ballard County Schools.
- For children who are too young for school, parents must bring proof of Medicaid or SNAP benefits from Ballard County DCBS.
A parent or guardian must attend two of the workshops in order to be eligible for Christmas assistance. Locations are listed by each workshop. Workshops are as follows:
- Thursday, Nov. 10, 6 p.m. – Kentucky State Police, “Drugs in Our Community,” at Ballard Memorial High School.
- Tuesday, Nov. 15, 6 p.m. – Jared Hayes, “Parenting,” at Ballard County Elementary School.
- Thursday, Nov. 17, 6 p.m. – Karen Hensley, “Budgeting,” at BCES
- Tuesday, Nov. 22, 6 p.m. – Child Watch, “Connecting with Your Kids,” at BCES
- Thursday, Dec. 1, 6 p.m. – Ballard UK Extension Service, “Cooking on a Budget,” at BCES
- Tuesday, Dec. 6, at 6 p.m. – KSP, “Cyber Bullying,” at BCES
Attendees MUST RSVP. For preschool and elementary students, please call Family Focus Director Kelly Wray at 270-665-8400, ext. 2026, or email Kelly.Wray@ballard.kyschools.us; for middle and high school students, please call Teen Focus Director Tina Armer at 270-665-8400, ext. 2028, or email email@example.com.
Parents who attend the required workshops will receive a gift card to Kohl’s for each child. Donated toys will be available this year for younger children.
To sponsor a child or family, please send Kohl’s gift cards, toys, or cash donations to Family Focus, P.O. Box 434, LaCenter, Ky., 42056.