2023-24 Ballard County Preschool-Head Start registration dates set in March
Ballard County Preschool-Head Start will hold spring registration for new students on March 30 and 31 for children who are or will be 3 or 4 years old by Aug. 1, 2023.
All registrations are by appointment only, and will be held at BCPS, 3383 Paducah Road, Barlow. Parents/Guardians are asked to please call BCPS at 270-665-8400, ext. 2100, to schedule an appointment. Children must be present to complete developmental screenings (language, cognitive and motor skills) while adults complete the registration packet.
Parents should please bring the following information with when registering a child:
- Certified birth certificate of the child
- Proof of income for the family for 2022 (2021 income tax return, W-2 form, last 12 months’ pay stubs, proof of child support, Social Security or SSI income, SNAP, or KY benefit letter)
- Child’s Social Security card (optional)
- Proof of health insurance/medical card
- Custody orders (temporary/split custody, guardianship, foster care, if applicable)
- Photo ID for all adults (required by district policy for entry into any school building)
Transportation services are provided to and from BCPS-Head Start classes during the school year. Staff will assist families to understand and access transportation options in order to participate in Head Start program activities.
For more information concerning registration, please contact BCPS Director Terri Gentry at the number above, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.