Family Focus, Teen Focus outline Santa's Helper's program
Family Focus and Teen Focus have been helping families with Christmas expenses for several years, and want to continue the program. Here is an outline of the guidelines for this holiday season.
To be eligible for the program:
- The family must qualify for free lunches by Household Income Form (HIF).
- The family cannot be receiving assistance from any other Christmas program.
- The children must be enrolled in Ballard County Schools.
- For children who are too young for school, parents must bring proof of Medicaid or SNAP benefits from Ballard County DCBS.
A parent or guardian must attend one of the workshops in order to be eligible for Christmas assistance. ALL WORKSHOPS WILL BE HELD IN THE CAFETERIA AT BALLARD MEMORIAL HIGH SCHOOL, 3561 PADUCAH ROAD, BARLOW. Workshops are as follows:
- Tuesday, Nov. 16, 6 p.m. – Sheriff Ronnie Giles, drug trends
- Thursday, Nov. 18, 6 p.m. – Karen Hensley, finances
- Tuesday, Nov. 23, 6 p.m. – Andrea Hagerty, parenting
- Tuesday, Nov. 30, 6 p.m. – Brent Easton, coping with grief
- Thursday, Dec. 2, 6 p.m. – Jared Hayes, building self-esteem in children
Due to COVID-19, attendees MUST RSVP. For preschool and elementary students, please call Family Focus Director Kelly Wray at 270-665-8400, ext. 2026, or email Kelly.Wray@ballard.kyschools.us; for middle and high school students, please call Teen Focus Director Tina Armer at 270-665-8400, ext. 2028, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parents who attend the required workshop will receive a gift card to Kohl’s for each child. Donated toys also will be available this year.
To sponsor a child or family, please send Kohl’s gift cards, toys, or cash donations to Family Focus, P.O. Box 434, LaCenter, Ky., 42056, or drop them off at BCPS/BCES to Wray or BCMS/BMHS to Armer.